Yoga is a form of exercise that offers a lot of benefits to our physical well being. Many people are drawn to yoga since a lot can be gain in practicing it. Unlike other forms of physical exercise, yoga offers added benefits aside from the usual strength and stability training. Rather, it also targets the emotional well being of those who are engaged into this exercise.
Below are the proven benefits of practicing yoga:
- Improves flexibility. Here is one of the most obvious benefits of yoga. Doing complex yoga poses challenge your body to increase your flexibility threshold. You may find it hard to touch your toes before but after several yoga sessions, doing yoga bends will be as easy as a breeze. This is because inter-related yoga poses increases lubrication on joints, ligaments and tendons, thus increasing fluidity of movement.
- Increases physical strength. Yoga is considered as one of the best strength training exercises as doing yoga poses targets particular muscle groups. Sustaining yoga positions improves muscle endurance building muscle strength especially the core areas. It tones and develops the muscles for you to be able to support your own weight during the workout.
- Teaches how to breathe. In yoga classes, you will be taught how to breathe properly during exercise. Proper breathing techniques help you provide your body with the proper supply of oxygen. It also helps lessen possible injuries when doing strenuous activities. Moreover, proper breathing helps in body relaxation process, thus, help us de-stress.
- Corrects Posture. Yoga promotes good posture. Posture is one important factor in execution of yoga poses. By practicing yoga regularly, our bones become accustomed in doing movement with correct positioning of the back area. Thus it helps in preventing back injuries while strengthening the spine.
- Promotes Weight Loss. As more experienced yogis will say, yoga is not merely a form of exercise but a lifestyle. While yoga teaches you to strengthen your body, it also teaches you to choose the right food to maintain the healthy and fit body. Fiber from fruits and vegetables are a staple diet of yogis. This has helped them maintain a lean body that help them attain agility that is needed to do the exercise.
Practicing yoga is indeed a good way to achieve a healthier and fitter body. Most of all, yoga helps achieve a level of spirituality that makes us more at peace to ourselves. So do try to join yoga classes in your gym or your local community and delve into a life changing experience that you will enjoy.